You must be amazed to know that the changed lifestyle has increased the necessity of glasses or contact lenses. If you are not among those then you are a lucky one. Because you can see properly does not mean that you must not take care of your eyes. Below are the reasons for visiting the eye doctor..,Best Eye Doctor Near Me Yorktown eye doctor.
- Diabetes– An eye exam could make big difference to the diabetics- Diabetic retinopathy is a complication of diabetes and can scare the retina and could lead to permanent blindness. Fortunately, the problem is preventable if detected early.
- Glaucoma has no symptoms.– it is a Silent Blinder. Glaucoma is insidious and does not lead to pain or noticeable symptoms during the early stages. This also means that individuals with Glaucoma already start losing their sight. If the disease is left undiscovered and untreated then the problem could lead to total blindness. There is also a specified in office tests to detect this. Ithat are not part of your regular vision screenings. This is a reason for having the eyes examined on the regular basis.
- Cataracts– The eye exams could catch the cataract signs in the early stages. The problem occurs as the proteins within the eye lens become clumped. The result is the vision which is foggy or cloudy. While cataracts are because of the ageing procedure some factors speed up the development. These are inclusive of the-
- Exposure to the radiation and other Toxins
- Cigarette smoking
- High BP
- Protecting your vision- You might believe that you do not require glasses. But the eyes change with time and the vision might be worsening without any realization. The visit to the eye specialist helps safeguard your vision.
- If your a student. Good eyesight lets you learn- Children require good eyesight for succeeding in school. After all, everyone can learn better visually.
- Diagnosis and correction of amblyopic- Did you hear of Amblyopia. It is a medical term that is not familiar. But you must have heard of its name, “lazy eye”. This condition is the one where eyes and brain do not communicate with each other as they must. If left untreated this problem can persist in adulthood and cause serious issues with vision.
- To Detect other Illneses in your body-yes are the window to health- The eyes are the window to the soul and health of an individual. An individual or an eye doctor along the eye exam can detect issues like the detached retina, high BP and much more.
Most importantly, if your vision changes, even slightly …: then you must book an appointment with a doctor for an exam. The tunnel vision, as well as blurriness, might be there at the onset of glaucoma. Other signs that must be checked include pain in the eyes, double vision, changes in eye color and much more.
However the most important reason is just to maintain your vision. You do not need to have eye symptoms , because many of the major eye diseases Glaucoma, Eye Cancers, Retinal Holes and Thyroid Eye Disease,, just to name a few.
Most people take their eyes and vision for granted. It is necessary to visit the doctor even if the vision is good.
It is important to follow certain tips for maintaining the health of the eyes and it is not recommended to be hesitant of taking an exam.
So what is your hold up? Have you visited the eye doctor over the past 2 years. Is your eyesight good , but your relatives are poor? Are there medical diseases that run in your family? It is the right time to get in contact with the eye doctor . Best Eye doctor in New York, Best Eye Doctor in Westchester. Eye Specialist in Ossining, Yorktown Eye doctor, Best Eye doctor in Peekskill, Croton Eye Doctor Eye Specialist in Croton , Yorktown Eye Center.